How to deposit a check
The first step is to endorse your deposit: on the back of the check, sign your name and write “For mobile deposit only, Azlo” followed by your account number.
Next, submit the check for deposit with our mobile app.
- Log into the mobile app.
- Tap the Deposit check button.
- Enter the amount of the check.
- Take pictures of the front and back of the check.
- Tap Submit.
After you submit the deposit, we’ll be in touch with updates via email. We’ll let you know when we receive the deposit, when we’ve reviewed it, and when the funds become available.
Are there any checks I can’t deposit with Azlo?
Yes—you can deposit most checks with our mobile app, but we can’t accept the following types of deposits:
- Money orders
- Checks issued by the U. S. Treasury and Loan checks (though you can deposit them by mail)
- Checks issued by international (non-U.S.) banks
- Checks dated in the future, more than 6 months in the past, or checks that state they're only valid until a date that has already passed
- Checks that aren't made out to you, your business, or your DBA name. We also can't accept checks that are made out to you "and" another person. Checks to you "or" another person are fine.
You also won’t be able to deposit checks that exceed your deposit limit. This limit starts at $4,500 per check ($18,000 per month), and it can increase based on a variety of factors including your account balance. You can find your current deposit limit by logging in to the mobile app and tapping the Deposit check button.
When will my funds be available?
It depends on how long your account has been open. For the first 30 days, your deposit will generally be available in 4-5 business days; after that point, it will usually be available in 1-4 business days.
There’s one more detail to keep in mind for this calculation: if you submit a check before 5 pm ET (2 pm PT) on a business day, we’ll start processing it that day. If you submit it after that point, we’ll start processing it the following business day.
For example, if you deposit a check Monday morning and it’s held for 1 business day, the funds will be available on Tuesday. If you deposit a check on Friday morning and it’s subject to a longer hold of 3 business days, the funds will be available Wednesday.