How to deposit a check
The first step is to endorse your deposit: on the back of the check, sign your name and write “For mobile deposit only to Azlo” beneath your signature. If you aren't able to endorse the check in this way, please contact our support team by calling 844-295-6466 or emailing email@example.com.
Next, submit the check for deposit with our mobile app.
- Log into the mobile app.
- Tap the Money Money button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Deposit Check.
- Enter the amount of the check
- Tap the Check front box to start the picture taking process.
- Take pictures of the front and back of the check.
- Tap Submit.
After you submit the deposit, we’ll be in touch with updates via email. We’ll let you know when we receive the deposit, when we’ve reviewed it, and when the funds become available. Please keep the physical check for 30 days after depositing it, and then securely destroy it.
Tips for capturing check images
To process a deposit, we need a reasonably clear and legible photo that shows the entire front and back of the check (including all four corners). If you're having trouble capturing a clear image, or we let you know that we can't process a deposit due to image quality, try the following tips:
- Take the photo in good natural light.
- Place the check on a contrasting background.
- Be sure to hold the camera extra steady.
Are there any checks I can’t deposit with Azlo?
Yes—you can deposit most checks with our mobile app, but we can’t accept the following types of deposits:
- Money orders or printed eChecks (though you can deposit these by mail).
- Checks issued by the U. S. Treasury and Loan checks (these can also be deposited by mail).
- Traveler's cheques.
- Checks issued by international (non-U.S.) banks.
- Checks dated in the future, more than 6 months in the past, or checks that state they're only valid until a date that has already passed.
- Checks that aren't made out to you, your business, or your DBA name. We also can't accept checks that are made out to you "and" another person. Checks to you "or" another person are fine.
Is there a limit on mobile deposits?
Yes, there is a limit on mobile deposits. It starts at $20,000 per check ($40,000 per month) and can increase based on a variety of factors including your account balance. You can find your current deposit limit by logging in to the mobile app and tapping the Deposit check button.
If you have a check that exceeds your mobile deposit limit, you can always deposit it by mail. There are no limits on mailed deposits.
When will my funds be available?
It depends on a few factors including the age of your account, your account history, and the amount of the deposit. In general, checks will be available within 1-6 business days and you can expect to see your average hold decrease as you use your Azlo account.
There’s one more detail to keep in mind for this calculation: if you submit a check before 5 pm ET (2 pm PT) on a business day, we’ll start processing it that day. If you submit it after that point, we’ll start processing it the following business day.
For example, if you deposit a check Monday morning and it’s held for 1 business day, the funds will be available on Tuesday. If you deposit a check on Friday morning and it’s subject to a longer hold of 3 business days, the funds will be available Wednesday.